January 19, 2013
Dear Parent/Guardian of AP Student,
Registration for AP testing is open now until March 8th. This letter will hopefully answer many of your questions about AP testing but you can call 678-344-3742 (Curriculum Office) if we can be of any help to you or your student. Additionally, the 2012-2013 Bulletin for AP Students and Parents was distributed earlier this month to all AP students. The Bulletin contains information about AP Scholar Awards, policies and procedures, and what to bring and what not to bring to the exam room.
Please see page two of this letter for fee information. We’ve included a fee schedule for your convenience. As always, ALL students must pay a $10 registration fee, even those students who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch services.
GCPS has partnered with MyPaymentsPlus for online registration/payment for AP testing. If you currently have a MealpayPlus account (for school lunches, last year’s AP exams, etc.), simply go to your student account, and register for the exams your student wishes to take. All AP registrations are found under the heading category. If you are new to MyPaymentsPlus, it is very easy to create an account. The website is user friendly and easy to manipulate. Go to:
MyPaymentsPlus accepts credit cards, debit cards, and e-checks. It is a highly secure site. This year, like last, paying for exams with cash is not an option. In order to guarantee exam registration, students must use MyPaymentsPlus.
Students will be taking AP exams May 6th – May 17th. Please see your student’s AP Bulletin or visit the College Board website for specific test dates.
Malinda Martin: Assistant Principal
2013 AP TESTING FEES
- Exam fee for 2012 is $89.00 per exam
- Every student must pay the $10 registration fee.
- Every student receives one free exam if they are enrolled in the class (paid for by GCPS).
- Any test ordered but not taken will cost the student an additional $13.
- Any student who wants to take an exam for a course they are not enrolled in must pay $89.
Free/Reduced students must pay the $10 registration fee but the state pays for their first exam and GCPS pays for all additional exams. This applies only to exams for which the student is enrolled in the course.
Any student doing late testing for the following reasons must pay an additional $40 per exam:
1. Academic contest or event
2. Athletic contest or event
3. Conflict with non-AP and non-IB exam
4. Family commitment
5. Ordering error
6. Other school event
Students do NOT incur an additional exam fee for the following late testing circumstances:
1. Conflict with an IB exam
2. Conflict with state or nationally mandated test—(ie, EOCT’s, GHSGT, etc)
3. Disabilities accommodation issue
4. Emergency serious injury, illness, or family tragedy
5. Language lab scheduling conflict
6. Religious holiday/observance
7. Three or more AP exams on the same date
8. Two AP exams on the same date AND time
AP Exam Registration Fee Schedule
1 Test = $10
2 Tests = $99
3 Tests = $188
4 Tests = $277
5 Tests = $366
6 Tests = $455
7 Tests = $544
8 Tests = $633