Procedure for medication given at school
To ensure the safety of all students at our school, the following guidelines must be followed when medications are sent to school:
1. All medications (prescription and non-prescription) must be taken to the clinic for safe storage.
2. All medications, both prescription and over the counter, must be accompanied by an Administration of Medication Request Form. This form can be picked up in the clinic or via website.
3. All medications must be in the ORIGINAL CHILD PROOF CONTAINER. Prescription medications must be in the labeled prescription bottle. Medications stored in envelopes, baggies, etc. will not be administered.
4. Administration of prescription and over-the-counter medicene (even for a short period of time) is discouraged. Parents should check with their physician regarding the need for medications to be administered during school hours. Medications prescribed for three times daily can be given before school, after school, and at bedtime. If you have any questions about this procedure, please call.
5. Medication must be picked up at the end of the school year by a parent or guardian or it will be disposed of by the school.
Download Gwinnett County Public Schools Administration of Medication Request Form.