. The purpose of the BROOKWOOD OUTDOORS CLUB (BOC) is to promote the health and fitness, and leadership among high school students. Participating in BOC is an exciting experience for anyone interested in the environment, adventure, physical wellness, and teamwork. It is a wonderful opportunity to see how the outdoor world can be a beautiful, and exciting place full of activities the develop healthy habits and strong character.
The specific goals of the BROOKWOOD OUTDOORS CLUB are to:
• Develop leadership skills.
• Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their abilities.
• Encourage members in the development of team and individual accomplishments.
• Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship and foster patriotism.
• Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
• Assist students in the awareness of occupational goals.
• Facilitate the transition from school to work.