Brookwood High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Counseling » College Planning

College Planning


How do I find the College and Career Room? The College and Career Room is YOUR room in the Counseling Office. It is there for you to research colleges, vocational and technical schools, careers and scholarships. Through research materials, catalogs, dvd's, software programs, and internet access, you will be able to explore all your options. You can even pick up SAT and ACT registration packets there. Please come by and check out our wonderful resources!
How do I apply to college?
For an informational video that helps assist you with the college application process, please click here.
How do I send electronic transcripts through GAfutures?
Current Students: 
Go to 
and click “create an account.” Complete all fields (name, birth date, social security number, account name, password, etc.). Once account is created, go to the “college planning” tab to order transcripts. Electronic transcripts are available for colleges in the State of Georgia only.  
2016 Graduates and prior

This can no longer be done online. Contact the Counseling Office.
How do I send a paper transcript? It is the responsibility of each student to mail his/her transcripts. Students requesting transcripts must complete a form in the counseling office stating the number of transcripts needed. Each transcript will be “officially” sealed in an envelope that must not be opened by the student for it to remain official. The cost is $5.00 for each. Please allow 3-5 days for completion of your request.
How do I find the right college for me? 
To assist you in finding the right college that is a perfect fit for you, click here.
How do I find the best career for my personality, strengths, and abilities?
To help you find the perfect career fit, click here.
How do I decide whether Advanced Placement classes or Move on When Ready (Dual Enrollment) courses are the best option for me if I'm interested in gaining college credit while I'm in high school? Read through the College Credit Options document at the bottom of this page to find out important information about both the Advanced Placement program and Move on When Ready, as well as the differences between the two. 
Helpful Resources

Area Courses: Free SAT/ACT Prep and Practice Fall 2016
Kaplan Test Prep
Total Learning Concepts and C2 Education are offering free tests/sessions. Click links to register.

College Search
College Board "Big Future"

To check your HOPE GPA:
1.  Go to (formerly GAcollege411).
2. Select your HOPE GPA from the SHORTCUTS box
3. Create an Account or Sign In to your existing Account
Explore Career Cruising Career Cruising (login required)

Scholarship Search/Financial Aid Guidance
Brookwood's Media Center College Resource List: Click HERE. 

NCAA Clearninghouse for Potential Student Athletes
Go to, and click on "Prospective Student Athlete."

Transcript Requests
Students can use to send free, electronic transcripts to colleges/universities in the state of Georgia.

To request a paper transcript, please visit the College and Career Room located in the Counseling Office. Paper transcripts are $5.00 per transcript.

College Board SAT Information  

The ACT ACT Information
If you are planning to attend a 2-year school, you DO NOT have to take the ACT or an SAT.  You may contact the school and register to take its COMPASS exam.